Smart co-operation to improve office space climate monitoring
In a smart office space the data gathered enables the property manager to optimize convenience and the overall management process of the property. Cozify implemented the measurement and data collection, as well as the QR-code service dedicated for the office space users for Senaatti Propeties.
In a smart office space the data gathered enables the property manager to optimize convenience and the management of the property.
Senaatti Properies’ indoor climate condition monitoring project is a pioneer in the Finnish market. In practical terms we can talk about the creation of a digital twin for the property. Among other aspects, the smart measurement and optimization of the indoor climate creates a model that provides transparent information both for the people working in the office spaces as well as for the property manager. Cozify implemented the measurement and the data collection for Senaatti Propeties, as well as the QR-code service dedicated for the office space users.
The nation's property expert and property partner, Senaatti Properties, creates and manages work environments all over Finland. The company's goal is to provide the best possible working conditions and therefor in-house and active development work is always on-going. The indoor climate model project is one of them.
Esa Halmetoja, Senaatti Properties
The goal of this project, which started in 2017, has been to create a service solution that's based on a three dimensional model, where the active data gets its location data from the information model. With the model it is possible to monitor the property's and the office spaces' indoor conditions in a centralized manner, including temperature, humidity and co2 levels. The real time data serves the user of the property, the owner, and the property manager.
The indoor climate model has now been in production for about two years, currently in 20 different properties. The solution is to be expanded more widely during the following years to the Senaatti Properties' property range.
– The feedback has been positive and our goal is to expand the model to 20 new locations annually, says digitalization specialist Esa Halmetoja of Senaatti Properties.
For the first time important data is available to property management
– The indoor climate model is unique regarding the way that property management gets access to the all the digital data available for the property - this technical data is missing in the other models that are available on the market, says Halmetoja.
The development of property management operations was one of the goals of the project. When property management has access to all the digital data available for a property in real-time, problems resolution is faster. This reduces idle time and the quality of work improves.
Kimmo Ruotoistenmäki, Cozify
– The system developed in co-operation with Senaatti Properties and its third party suppliers is accessible by multiple suppliers. This enables the development of new property management and end user features, says Cozify CEO Kimmo Ruotoistenmäki.
– Transparent data is also valuable to the property owner. The management and predictability of indoor conditions are improved, and the property value and profit increases for the owners, reminds the management specialist Jenna Mustonen of Senaatti Properties.
The office worker is able to give feedback on the indoor climate
One of the goals if the indoor climate model was to improve the satisfaction rate of the office workers by at least 10%. Research suggests that the quality of the indoor air improves work efficiency, which is why Senaatti Properties has focused on this feature.
– When working in the office premises feels enjoyable, it also tends to result in improved results through better quality and quantity of work done, Halmetoja says.
In order reach the goal, we wanted to also make it easier for the office workers to give feedback. With the QR-code app developed by Cozify, the office space user can give feedback regarding indoor climate conditions, respond to surveys and send service requests.
– The indoor climate monitoring features will continue to expand further. In the future we will be able to measure such things as noise levels and receive feedback based on that, says Ruotoistenmäki.
The smart office space solutions will keep expanding
Both Halmetoja and Mustonen have been satisfied with Cozify's effort in the indoor climate model project.
– Cozify has been very active during the whole co-operation process. Ideas keep coming and they are very contactable whenever askew have questions, Mustonen says in thanks.
– Smart solutions and measurements keep expanding exponentially in the field. For example, the smart guides familiar from shopping malls have already become a part of modern office environment. Therefor Cozify's smart solutions will be in high demand in the future, says Halmetoja.
Are you designing a project that could benefit from smart construction?
Set a date with one of our experts to get you started:
Kalasatama residential towers - Finland's tallest and smartest residential towers
Cozify ZEN comes pre-installed in each apartment. All the residents are able to monitor their energy consumption. Additionally they can extend their smart home features with tailored smart kit offers, for added luxury and damage prevention.